An array of settings are available around the result of merging a template.
Merged Document Name
By default, the resulting merged document is given the same name as the template. This can be edited here, and it can also be adjusted to optionally include values from a field.
- Click on “Select Tag”.
- Choose a Data Tag and click “Ok”.
To remove the field from the name textbox; double click on the added field (red text) and press “backspace” on the keyboard.
Result: merged document with the field value added to the name.
Attach To Item After Merge
Checking this option denotes that the merged document will be added as an attachment to the item that initiated the merge.
- Check “Attach to item after merge”.
Result: the merged document gets added to the item that initiated the merge.
This option denotes that when the document gets merged it will save the merged document to a specific SharePoint Document Library.
- This is a prerequisite setting for converting the generated document to another format as well as denoting in which SharePoint Library the document gets stored. See Word Automation Service.
- To see how to test this, apply these settings along with the guidelines from these sections; Start-up Options(Manual), Save to document library & Location Options.
This allows the user to specify what type of format the merged document gets converted to.
- To enable the Conversion Format drop down list, check the “Save to document library” option.
- Select the format the merged document should be converted to.